I was tagged by Crystal at Crystal’s Adventures for Christ! Now I’m it and you get to hear me be grilled. Thanks for the tag, Crystal!
There are rules for the “Blue Sky Tag.”
- Thank the person who tagged you (done!)
- Answer their 11 questions (read the following)
- Tag 11 people
- Give them 11 questions to answer
1. When did you start your blog? How long has it been?
I first posted on December 3, 2016. It’s been 4 short months; sweet months. And I’m looking forward to a bright future.
2. What is your favorite thing to eat?
Ahhhhh!!! Definitely not sushi. Chinese food? Mexican food? Can I spend 500 words on this question? Please? Ice cream counts. But that’s kind of a given. I like the chicken marsala I’ve had. But the chicken cordon bleu totally compares. I would eat those about every day if I could. And fried mushrooms? Can’t get better. I’ve never tried sushi, but I don’t plan to. The only fish I’ve ever liked is cod, and that was cooked.
3. Cats or dogs?
Oh, hard question. My family has had two cats throughout the years I remember. The first was mean and dangerous. The current one, however, is a very sweet tabby. One of my sisters is training a service dog right now. She’s a very lovable golden retriever and she’s very personable, unlike the cat. Though well mannered, she’s always up for a romp. I guess it’s just like people. There are introverts and extroverts and both are really cool. So my answer is: yes.
4. What is something you fear?
5. Have you published a book?
or written a short story randomly? If so, what is it about?
Yes! I wrote a 6,000 word mystery and published it with Kindle Direct Publishing. As I said, it’s a mystery and that makes it difficult to say more without giving the answer away. But…
When Detective Greywood gets a midnight case from a forgetful friend, he thinks it’s just another robbery. But when he learns his client stored the world’s eighth largest diamond in a highly secure bank vault, he knows there must be much more to the case. Only the owner himself could retrieve the diamond.
See that? I think I actually answered this one!
6. Tea or coffee?
I have to say cinnamon tea to appease the hardcore coffee people who don’t think a super sugary frappe is real coffee.
7. Would you rather eat white chocolate or dark chocolate?
White chocolate. Hands down. Same reason why I don’t drink natural coffee.
8. Have you ever been in a life-threatening situation?
Everyday! I tease my sisters (sometimes…). I get in the car. I crawled on my stomach to the top of a mountain in extreme wind. I fell out of a canoe without knowing how to swim and thought I might die. The life jacket did its work, though. I’ve been on very tall ladders I didn’t think were safe. I fell out of a tree on my back. Wait, that just hurt. Our family van stopped in the middle of traffic and I had to jump out to push it. I was safer on the ground anyway.
No hospital worthy emergencies. So actually, no. I haven’t coded.
9. What is your goal in life?
Honor God, and do the things He has for me, even if they don’t seem that “great”. Along with, I want to be a family man, the main provider for said family, and a discipler. I’d also like to have some success at being an author. That would be fun!
10. Have you ever played video games? If so, what’s one that is one that you enjoyed (even if you played it only once)?
I’m not big on video games and frankly don’t have a lot of time for them. I messed around with Minecraft but ignored all the quest stuff and played like it was Legos. I’ve also played 0 A.D. which is an ancient civilization real time war game. I don’t think it’s considered an RPG because it’s more like Catan. You start out with a small number of people with a small territory. You direct them to gather resources, build more buildings, and expand your territory. You get more people and (should) start building a military force of, say, Macedonian hoplites. The goal is to basically beat the other civilization and take over their buildings. I haven’t played it in a long time but I liked it because it had the strategy/resource feel of Axis & Allies combined with the ability to fight in formations like the phalanx. And it was free, so… cool! I’m impressed with such open source projects.
11. Are you a night owl or an early bird?
Night owl, wannabe early bird. I think better in the morning, but I have more fun hanging out with my family at night. It’s always a sacrifice either way.
Ah! I’m supposed to tag 11 people, but it seems that all the bloggers I know are already tagged!
I’ll tag three and then if anyone else wants to do it, consider yourself tagged. 🙂
Rebekah Morris @ Read Another Page
Maggie Cyr @ My Attic Corner
Jonathon Trout @ Fishing 4 Ideas
And the questions:
- Why did you start writing?
- What are you currently writing?
- Do/did you sleepwalk? Sleep talk?
- What’s one book or movie that makes you cry every time?
- If you could time travel back in time once as far as the second century, what specific event would you attend?
- Who is the most influential person in your life?
- What are the two most influential books you have read?
- What is your favorite song? Why?
- Do you like to eat sushi?
- Have you ever thrown a book across the room? Why?
- What is creativity like for you? Is brainstorming like hitting your head on the wall or like peacefully soaring through the clouds, enjoying the view below you?